There’s no denying that Instagram use is on the up, and is probably going to continue to grow for the foreseeable future.
So, with this in mind, we’ve pulled together a quick ‘how-to’ on bringing your business to Instagram.
First up, create your account.
As a predominantly mobile social network, you must download the app to create your account and use it to its full potential.
When you’ve signed up, be sure to switch to a Business Account – this gives the ability to view insights and analytics on your posts, so you can see if what you’re doing is actually working.
Add your business hours, location and phone number, add your website to your bio link and you’re ready to post! (Note: this link in your bio is the only hyperlink you have, so be sure to use it to your advantage!)
As with any social media platform, it’s worth taking the time to find out what your competitors are up to and creating a content strategy to make sure you’re posting valuable content consistently.
So you have your profile created, but you’re not sure what to post? Here are our five top tips for posting on Instagram and creating filter-ready content…
1. First off, think of your target audience, then, more importantly, think LIKE them. Who are they? What do they like? What questions are they asking? And what will they be likely to engage with on social media? Do your research and these questions will quickly seem less daunting.
2. The classic Instagram hack – select one of two filters, and use these exclusively. This means when users are scrolling through your profile, they’ll see a sense of unity across all your posts, no matter the content.
3. Instagram is a visual platform, so use this to your advantage. Ensure you have good lighting for all photos you take (think windows/door frames for providing natural lighting) and think differently – what may be a standard part of your day could be an anomaly on a user’s timeline that causes them to like and engage with the post.
4. Take advantage of Instagram’s sister apps – Layout, Hyperlapse and Boomerang provide fresh ways of posting your content, making it stand out on the Instagram timeline.
5. Have fun with it! It’s someone’s birthday in the office? Share a snap of the cake! Give your followers a behind the scenes look at your company – show them something they’ve never seen before.
So we’re not saying that posting a single photo on Instagram is bound to gain you a sale, but the consistent posting of genuinely interesting content will build your brand, causing users to believe in you and what you do.